Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Runaround

Since we arrived back in July, my voice mail on my cell phone has not worked. Today, I got brave enough to go to a T-Mobile store by myself and try to get it fixed. In the past, I have experienced nothing but frustration at T-mobile stores here.  Several friends recommended one store in particular that usually has English speaking staff. I went there, hit the English button on the menu, took a number, and waited my turn. When my number came up, I approached the counter, gave the standard "Jo napot kivanok" greeting, and proceeded to ask, "Beszel angolul?" I got the answer I am accustomed to getting, the shrug of the shoulders and the "Sajnos, nem."  Fabulous. I think she thought I would leave, but I didn't. She looked around for someone who spoke English, but no one did, or at least claimed not to. We did some sign language and another customer helped a little. In the end, I left and voice mail still doesn't work. I came home and thought I had  a break through. I found a customer service number on-line and called it. I got an English menu to choose from and an English customer service guy. Yay! I explained the situation and what I needed. His answer? Oh, you have to take your phone and your documents to a store and they can help you.

I guess I will live without voice mail for a while longer!



2 comments:

  1. Ok: this helped me. The default password is 123. See if that gets you anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. At least we still have texting. =)

    ReplyDelete