Friday, February 22, 2013

A Lotta Love

It's February....and it keeps on snowing! Snow boots with dresses are a new fashion statement. 

We have no slice and bake cookie dough here, so we made Valentine's Day cookies the old fashioned way. It brought back fun memories of making sugar cookies with my mom when I was little. 
I enjoyed taking cookies to Cade's class for them to decorate. Chelsea decorated cookies for her classmates. I have recently developed a relationship with a local orphanage, and I am excited about what will come of opportunities to volunteer there. As we were making cookies, I felt like we should make extra for the kids at the orphanage. But, let's be honest, rolling out sugar cookies is time consuming. By the time we got all of them made for Chelsea and Cade's classes, I had run out of steam and convinced myself that I could skip the cookies for the orphanage. But, sometimes God makes it extra clear what He wants us to do. As only He could arrange, there were enough kids absent in Cade's class so that I had exactly enough cookies left over for the kids in the orphanage. I had to smile at that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment