Thursday, July 3, 2014

One Week In

We have officially reached one week back in the US...woohoo!

Cade is having the hardest time so far. He is trying to say that this house doesn't feel like home, I think. He told my dad he was going to move in with them, lol. Our air shipment should be delivered very soon, and then we will have more of his things so I think that will help. The first week of setting up house is not that fun when you are 4...numerous trips to look at appliances, buy cleaning supplies, sheets, towels, etc. I did let him choose the sheets for his bed and he picked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  But, he can't sleep on them yet because we only have 2 twin mattresses at this point so mommy is sleeping on the turtles. We will all be happy when our beds arrive, but we probably have about another month to go.

We have accomplished a lot this week  - appliances, phones, basic household stuff, new carpet upstairs as of yesterday. Larry bought our cars when he was here for work in early June, so it has been nice to not add car shopping to the must-do's this week.

I am most missing my laundry fairy....even though I love my new American sized machines, somehow the clothes don't get put away the same way they did in Budapest. Almost 4 years of not doing much cleaning/ laundry makes a girl a little rusty....and spoiled.

Off to mop! :)

2 comments:

  1. Soooo funny about the cleaning and laundry. It's a rude awakening, coming back, in some ways. Oh well, console yourself with a trip to target or by actually being able to eavesdrop again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You do not know me, but I was referred to your blog by a fellow Exxon friend. She thought of your family when I told her that my husband is getting transferred from Houston area to Budapest, Hungary in October!! We are excited, but have so many questions. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share some knowledge, insight, and things that helped make the process not so stressful. I'm sure there are little things that they don't tell you that would be nice to know! If you'd be willing to maybe email or even chat over the phone sometime, I would really appreciate that! No pressure, but if you are up for it, you can email me at crystalcangel@yahoo.com. I have some questions about children stuff there as well...I have 3 small children as well! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete