Friday, August 27, 2010

Fast and Furious...for now

Things are coming fast and furious now. I mailed off everything for my work permit today. Assuming Hungary likes everything I sent, we should have a work permit in a little more than 3 weeks. That's all that's required for us to book our trip over. Seems pretty real all the sudden.

Carey took the cats to get their rabies vaccination and microchip today. That was important because the rabies vaccination has to be at least 30 days old before we can import them. Our family that might have to keep them otherwise thanks us for getting that done, even if they don't know it yet.

We are beginning conversations with the realtor here to list our home. I'm guessing we'll be listed for the Labor Day weekend. We've also received some example homes to consider in Hungary. Some have indoor pools. Who knew?

Passports are applied for. We'll probably get those back next week.

No fee foreign exchange rate credit card applied for. That's something no one has suggested to us so far, but I found out that will help us avoid the foreign transaction fee. Thank you, Capital One, for being "no hassle". Hope you're right!

I guess we'll hit a slow spot sometime after we get the house listed, but there will probably be something else to keep us busy. In a way, I hope so -- it's still "fun" for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment