Monday, August 8, 2011

13 Years of Wedded Bliss

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary! I am so thankful for 13 years with my man.  We have had some great adventures over the years, though this past year tops them all!  Tonight, we celebrated by eating leftovers and collecting slugs with the kids. (We really like those snails and slugs!)  I even told him he didn't have to get me a card this year, since I don't think I'd be able to read it anyway. 

But, on Saturday night we went on a real date!  We had a reservation and took a taxi - we are so fancy.
We enjoyed walking around St. Stephen's Basilica and eating at nice restaurant around the corner. 


After dinner, we enjoyed a leisurely walk across the chain bridge. It was a nice evening and fun to people watch. We saw some interesting people, enjoyed taking pictures for a few tourists, and we even saw Spiderman on the bridge. Should've gotten his picture. We walked down the river to a bus stop that goes up near our house. From there, we walked to another restaurant for coffee and dessert. 
Our friends, the McLendon's, had recently had this dessert and I wanted to try it.  It was a banana and ice cream under a chocolate shell. The waiter poured hot custard on top and the shell melted away. Yummy!!

Happy Anniversary, babe! I love you and I am blessed to be your wife!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... happy anniversary! You guys are SO cute on these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, Carey & Larry! Best couple names ever. What a beautiful day for a romantic date night in Budapest!

    ReplyDelete