Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Surprise Inside

Going to the grocery store is always an adventure. Easier than it was, yes, but some things are still a challenge to decipher. Today's mystery item:
 Its was a carton of grapes. Giant grapes, but grapes nonetheless. It was next to some black grapes. Grapes are sometimes hard to find, so even though I was sure these weren't seedless, I bought them anyway. The package said szilva. Sounded familiar. Grapes.
We got home and I washed a few and cut them to give them to the kids. Hmmm.....maybe not a grape. Took a bite. A plum! Instead of giant grapes, we have midget plums.

 Grape = szolo. Plum = szilva.

Lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Eat them on the first day or they'll be moldy. Unless I'm just buying at the wrong store...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Have to love the daily lessons we get. Let me know if they are good!

    ReplyDelete