Monday, March 12, 2012

Double Lives

Logan is 2 weeks old!  In the last 2 weeks, we have settled into being a family of 5 -- sort of. Larry has already been to Budapest and back again. Bless his heart, he is making several trips back and forth to Budapest over the next few months. For those that know him well, he is extremely happy about the miles he will accumulate!

In order to meet all the requirements for adoption, plus get Logan's passport, etc, the kids and I will remain in Houston for a couple of months. I feel like we now live in 2 different worlds - we have a Houston life and a Budapest life.

In our day to day life here, it is already evident how we have been influenced by Hungary.
  • Chelsea has already proclaimed that 75 degrees is really hot and feels like summer - good thing it isn't July! 
  • Cade requests to go play in the garden, known in Texas as the backyard. 
  • I was walking through a church and saw a sign that said WC - my first thought was I had found the restroom, but I quickly realized it was the Worship Center. I had to laugh to myself. 
So we'll be going through some adjustments, like any new parents.  Because we like challenges, we throw a few additional adjustments in there.  We'll cherish the time in the USA and look forward to when we will all be together where God has us for now --  living in Budapest with our newest Hungary Texan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there - I was googling Texans in Hungary and was so excited to come across your blog! I am currently living in Houston but am moving to Hungary this summer to work at AISB. I would absolutely love to pick your brain about things if you have any free time while you are still down this way. Feel free to email me if you are available to chat - shawnski939@yahoo.com

    Hope your time in Houston is awesome! - Shawn

    ReplyDelete