Saturday, September 1, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday!

Someone's turning a year older today.  She's pretty special to us!  





This is what Chelsea (6) has to say about her Mom today.

I love you.  You're cool.  You are special.  We play together nice.  My favorite thing to do with you is board games and Twister, even though it's not a board game.  One thing you do that makes me really happy is when you take care of me when I'm sick.  I like when you come to Big Sing.  I like when you came to the first assembly.  

 



This is what Cade (3) has to say about his Mom today.

I love you.  I like to play with Mama.   I like to swim with her.    

This is what Logan (6 months) has to say about his Mom today.

Thank you for my bottles in the middle of the night.  My dad doesn't get up with me very much.  I can't believe you have taken me to 6 countries already.  You're the best!  -- translated by Larry
 
  

This is what Larry (your husband) has to say about you today. 

 You do so much to make sure our lives work!  You take your job as a mom very seriously - it's a full time job for sure.  You even said last night something that really struck home -- even though Cade is very much enjoying school and would probably go 5 days/week if we wanted him to, you choose to give up your "freedom" because you refuse to turn over his rearing to the school.  You constantly read books to get new ideas.  Have I mentioned you're amazing?  You plan the best adventures to help us build memories and then takes the time to document them in blogs and scrapbooks.  You followed me 6000 miles away from home and took 2 young children with you - need I say more?  Then you were willing to  live apart for 2.5 months to follow the growing of our family that God was calling us to.  You keep our lives on schedule and you ensure that we get done what needs to get done.  You demonstrate unconditional love daily.  I love you, Carey Michelle!

 

4 comments:

  1. This made me blink back a tear! Sweet hubby! Happy bday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to a super sweet Carey!!! Obviously you are loved. :) I'm sure you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaw, that was SO SWEET!! Happy, happy birthday, Carey. I agree with the children & Larry... you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! I miss you my sweet friend!! Sorry I haven't checked the blog for soo long...I must be better so I can see "our" sweet city & some other favs. You know Prague warms my heart daily:)Love ya'll!!! JL

    ReplyDelete