Monday, October 14, 2013

Chef Chelsea

We have a new chef in the house! Chelsea loves cooking and has taken a couple of baking classes at school. She decided to take it to the next level and cook dinner. I decided this was a great idea, so now I have a little chef! She has proclaimed that I should cook on Mondays, Fridays, and the weekend, and she will handle the rest. 
Cooking is one of those areas where, honestly, it would way easier for me to just do it myself. But, she is so enthusiastic and proud of herself. It would be a shame for me to not use this time and enthusiasm to teach her. Soon, it will pay off! I enjoy having this one on one time with her, too, as the boys are usually off playing while we cook. 
So far, she has learned to use a knife (eek!), the stove, the oven, and the microwave. She has made chicken, pasta, and burgers. Not too bad for a 7 year old! I am the "kitchen manager" - helping her as needed and gathering supplies for her. She is the chef. I'm also the kitchen cleaner-upper, which she is quite happy about. 







2 comments: