Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tiger Trek

I am all for experiences that we call "Only in Hungary."
So, when I heard about a zoo where you can actually pet baby tigers, I wanted to go. Good thing I have small children so that I have an excuse! Chelsea, Cade, and I drove about a hour into the Hungarian countryside to visit the tigers. Larry opted to stay home just in case the tigers thought Logan was a snack. Or so he claimed. 
At this little zoo, they bring the tiger cubs out twice a day. There is a presentation (in Hungarian), and then they pass the cubs down the line of people . So, the picture of my kids hands above is about as good of a picture as I got. The tigers were fairly growly, so they moved them quickly but they came down the line several times. 

I liked the tigers, but I think C and C enjoyed feeding all the other animals just as much.

Sad hippo area...poor guy. But well trained to open his mouth and catch food. 

Peacocks like Cheeto puffs - who knew?


3 comments:

  1. Well, I know what I'm doing this Saturday. =) Happy Hungarianniversary, comrade. Was Keesha the then "3 year" vet you spoke of? Because I remember meeting her at rhyme time that first week or so and thinking the same thing... and here we are... 3 years in! Go us! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Keesha was my hero. But, yes, we made it! We should have ourselves a party. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of shocked there were no big spoons and honey available at this "zoo." Sad we missed that place!

    ReplyDelete