Monday, May 9, 2011

Vienna - Schonbrunn Palace

Must catch up on blogging.....rewind with me to the week before Easter...

On the Thursday before Easter, we piled into a way too small car for all of us and headed to Vienna with my parents. I am learning a whole new way to pack. We seriously had NO luggage space, so somehow Larry and I managed to pack for 5 days in one carry on size suitcase. I was impressed with myself.

After checking in to the hotel we took the tour of town, hitting many of the spots we visited back in November. This time, we also visited the Imperial Apartments at the Hofburg Palace, which we enjoyed.

Friday morning, we woke up and headed to Schonbrunn Palace. The grounds of Schonbrunn are my favorite place in Vienna.

The flowers were just starting to bloom - I can't imagine how pretty it is when everything is blooming.
They were having an Easter market, and we enjoyed looking at all the painted eggs and Easter goodies. This guy stopped to say hello to Chelsea....
We all got to practice walking on stilts.
Why is stilt walking part of an Easter market? I don't know.

Larry was the stilt walking winner - managing to do it alone with a baby on his back. Impressive.

Our next stop was the Schonbrunn labyrinth. On our way to the labyrinth, we discovered this great playground. The kids could've stayed all day!Climb into the bird via the ropes and then the bird flies...pretty cool!
Lots on sand for little man - he and daddy enjoyed digging.

Eventually we made it to the labyrinth. We let Chelsea lead the way, which was a little frightening. At times we thought we may have to hoist someone on top of the bushes to help us find our way out.
In the end, she was a good leader and we made it out!
It was a fun morning for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment