Saturday, June 25, 2011

Coming to America

We are so happy to be in the good ole USA! We all flew down last Saturday. It is such a long day, but worth it once we are here.  We continued our tradition with a trip to Walmart in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Walmart is a fabulous place and I would've hugged it if I could have. Larry was returning to Budapest the next day, so we stocked up on groceries to fill his empty suitcases - peanut butter, salsa, barbeque sauce, cereal, muffin mix, cake mix, salad dressing, spices...so fun. After church and Mexican food, we had to take Larry back to the airport - we were sad he couldn't stay and play with us, but thankful he helped me make the trip with the kids. He will join us in a few weeks.

The kids and I have had a fun week of spending time with family, having lots of play dates, swimming, and shopping. And shopping. And shopping. So fun. We love the USA!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I just saw the airing of your move from Houston to overseas, and it looks like it went wonderfully! Oddly enough, however, I do believe I know you, Carey? You looked so familiar. I was homeschooled here in Bryan/College Station, Texas, and I believe I knew you from my homeschool group? Just curious. If not, my apologies. But regardless, congrats on the move, and I hope the Lord continues to lead the two of you!

    In Him,
    Marcie Martin

    ReplyDelete