Monday, November 22, 2010

Million Dollar Cars

Okay, well, maybe not million dollar, but we did spend a few million forints. A big difference! We have purchased 2 cars. We have a house and two cars. I guess we pretty much live here now, in case I hadn't realized that yet!

We were fortunate to buy a car from Larry's coworker when she headed back to the States.
This little Yaris is a good back and forth to work car for Larry.....

My only requirement when we moved here was that I have a car with an automatic transmission. I tried to learn how to drive a standard in college. The lesson ended in tears. Larry was confident in my abilities to learn to drive one here. Ummm... hills, kids in the back, watching a GPS, traffic....not gonna do it. I told him I didn't care what kind of car it was, I don't need new or fancy, just an automatic. Thankfully, we found one! A nice little used Honda CR-V.

It was raining when we test drove it, so I let Larry drive and I just drove down 2 small streets. We were with a translator/helper and the Hungarian guy selling it and I would rather practice without an audience of Hungarians in the car! We got it checked out by a Honda dealership and we will pick it up on Wednesday.

We have come a long way from our Texas life of a full size truck and a minivan!

4 comments:

  1. Yea...I tried driving a standard once too...and yea, I'm not doing that again. haha! Glad you found your cars and are settling in!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next Rollins who learns to drive a standard will be the first. Thanks for not breaking our streak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support!! I am happy to keep the Rollins streak alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was well worth the extra for an automatic. It makes the driving a little less stressful.

    ReplyDelete