Monday, November 29, 2010

The Ultimate Vacuum

This morning, we had Aron, a Hungarian, over at our house helping us with some things. He noticed that Cade had a runny nose, and commented that Hungarians use something that attaches to your Hoover. At first, I thought he was kidding.

He wasn't kidding.

Larry followed him to the local pharmacy (you have to get anything medical related at the pharmacy, even what we think of as over the counter drugs). He came back with this:

I'm not sure why this baby is smiling. Not much smiling going on at our house.

Next, we got out this.......

Aron showed me how to attach the handy tube to the vacuum......

And we were ready to go! I was a little afraid it would suck out Cade's brain, but Aron assured me it wouldn't. I held down Cade, put the plastic part in his nose, and started the vacuum. It was awesome. He really didn't cry very much, and it was amazing how much crud came out. I'll spare you a picture, although it was tempting to share.

I'm pretty sure he will hate the vacuum forevermore.

If anyone in the States wants one, let me know - we'll be back next week!

7 comments:

  1. I really hope these are cheap and disposable. I really wouldn't want to clean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. I have never seen such a thing. I'm tempted to have you bring one back for me, but I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need that right now.

    They even made an infomercial

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXGLdEVyTck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never in my life have a laughed so bloody hard..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fabulous invention. Cade doesn't cry when i use it now- he kind of laughs. I only have to use it once or twice a day and it keeps his nose clear. He likes it way better than when I try to wipe his nose!

    ReplyDelete