Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In the Middle

I read that yesterday was National Middle Child Day, so it is a perfect time to reflect on the fun things my middle child is doing these days. Of course, I'm a day late, but so it goes with the middle child.

This summer was a big one for him - he learned to ride a bike without training wheels and took swim lessons. He is still my cautious child, but he has branched out so much and now he will say, "I'm so brave!"
He loves the be a "chef" and make things....every morning he asks what we can make for breakfast, and is sadly disappointed when the answer is cereal. He likes to make desserts, but he doesn't like to eat them. He usually would prefer a banana to a cookie, but will never turn down a croissant or donut. 

He has such a tender heart and gentle spirit. He is so sweet with animals and babies. He remembers the Bible verses he learns, and will frequently say, "God helps me so I don't be afraid."

Lately, he is my little helper and loves to vacuum. He will help with other chores, but vacuuming is definitely his favorite. 

We have our share of sibling rivalry, especially this summer since they have been together 24/7. But, he loves his sister and brother!

Spiderman is the theme around here these days. He wears the costume every day and. Soon enough, he will be back in school, so for now I let him wear it everywhere. Today, Spiderman had to get a haircut. 

His second favorite outfit is his "workout clothes" as he calls them. He loves to exercise!

Funny things he says:
* The refrigerator is the "refrigalater"

*Instead of excited, he says, "I'm so mc-cited!"

*Tonight, he said, "It's bedtime and I just loooove bedtime." What kid days that? 

*He is a chief negotiator and starts all negotiations with, "wellll, mama...."

Love my middle-man!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment