Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Favorite Thing

I know sometime in the past I have blogged about the grocery store experience here. 3 years later, it is still an ordeal, just not as bad as it used to be. I still must drive to the store, park in a garage (or drive to a way further store), have the right change to get a basket (trolley), take the elevator up with cart, do the shopping, remember to weigh fruit/veggies and put sticker on the bag, try to translate unfamiliar items, pay, nod and smile and say, "nem beszelek magyarul."  I must bag my own groceries, hoping that I remembered to bring bags. Then, it's back down the elevator, pay for parking, unload groceries, put cart back, get my money back from cart, and come home. This summer, I added 3 kids to that routine and let's just say I needed a nap by the time we got home and got it all unpacked.

So, it is Tesco to my rescue. A few months ago, they began a grocery delivery service. People, this is the best.thing.ever. Just now, while the 2 boys are napping, I sat here and did all my grocery shopping with just a few clicks. Tomorrow, in a 2 hour window I selected, a nice man will deliver all my groceries and bring them inside for me. He may not speak English, but that is a-ok. I don't have to drive, bring bags, wrestle squirmy children, or remember the right change.....thank you, Tesco!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO thankful you started me on this! I use it every week now and it has changed my life too:-) I even placed an order while I was getting my hair done in the States so it could arrive the day after we got in town. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete