Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lake Dorog

We arrived back in Budapest to a serious heat wave. it was Houston-hot, getting up near 100 for many days. Houston-hot without Houston air conditioner is not fun. We are fortunate to have room units in our bedrooms and living room, but the kitchen, hallways, dining area, bottom floor, etc are all without ac and it gets a little toasty. Malls and other places are slightly air conditioned, but nowhere near the level we are used to in Texas. Our church meets in a school, and the schools are not air conditioned. Sweat city!! So, I was getting desperate to take the kids somewhere cool. I am a little leery of taking all 3 to a public pool by myself - it feels too risky and overwhelming. A lady mentioned a nearby shallow lake to me, so we headed out on an adventure to give it a try. 
Lake Dorog (I think it has a different official name, but it is in the city of Dorog) was the perfect spot for our outing. It is about an hour away from our house. Apparently, is it popular among people that live near there, but I don't think that many people travel there from Budapest. 
It is very shallow for a long way out, making it easy for me to handle all 3 kids and make sure they were safe. It was also very clear and we could see our feet - always a bonus. The little lake "houses" were so cute - teeny tiny little things. 
Our sun tent was a great place for a snack and a break. My only failure was that the money I brought was the equivalent of a $50 bill, so of course the food vendors did not want to take it. I rationed the few snacks I brought and we made do until we left. 
These two could've played in the sand all day long - they had the best time. Logan liked it, but he was more interested in taking a truck that another child had.

Sand, shade, cool water....a perfect morning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment