Monday, October 4, 2010

The Big Day

Sunday, October 3rd has arrived. For us, it is the day we have talked about, thought about, and prayed about. Somehow, I don't know if I believed it would really happen. Suddenly, we are saying goodbye to precious friends and family and it is real. We are heading to the airport and it is real. We are getting on a plane, with a one way ticket, and it is real. We are moving to Budapest. Today.

I don't want to forget this day.

Saying goodbye to my parents....sad.

Hugging our precious church friends. For them, I am....thankful.

Driving away from our house for the last time....anxious.

Dreaming about what our new life will be like....excited.

Sitting on a plane with a screaming baby, knowing we have many hours to go.....tired.

Watching Chelsea look out the window and say, "Hungary is bee-yoo-ti-ful"......happy.

Above all those moments, all those emotions.....I felt peace.

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment: