Saturday, October 23, 2010

Subway Fun!

The kids love to ride the subway. Usually, Cade is in the stroller, so today he thought it was especially fun to ride like a big boy! Chelsea loves to count the stops and thinks she knows better than I do how many stops we have left. Yesterday, Larry was at work and I was with the kids on the subway. Chelsea looked around and asked, "Why are there so many husbands on this thing? Shouldn't they be at work?" She is an observant one!

If I am by myself with the kids, I leave Cade in the stroller and just pick up the whole thing when we get on/off and have to go up/down the stairs to get to the street. Thankfully, Hungarians are very kind. Most of the time, someone will offer to help me with the stroller or pick up the whole thing and carry it for me. I don't understand Hungarian, but I understand that! One day on our journey, I counted 8 flights of stairs to navigate. I think someone helped on 6 of them. One subway controller (ticket guy) actually carried it up for me. We are enjoying having the option of public transportation!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are tackling the trains etc I think its the best way to travel. I just wish we had more of it here.It is nice to see people are being sweet to help. We miss you all terribly..I need your address once you get it..

    ReplyDelete