Thursday, October 7, 2010

Out on the Town

Today was my first day alone with the kids since we arrived. We had a great day! We were invited to a play group this morning. (No, Angelina wasn't there. Maybe next week!) I was excited to go, but nervous about getting there. I would have to use the public transportation system, which we haven't used yet. Larry gave me directions last night. This morning I reviewed my plan and we set out. I had my directions in my pocket. I don't have a cell phone yet, but I decided the worst thing that could happen is that we don't find where we are going and we just turn around and go back to the hotel.

I knew Chelsea would get tired of walking, so I let her ride in the stroller and put Cade in the carrier. We set out on our adventure! We got to the tram and got on. A few minutes later, I realized we were going the wrong direction. We got off and got on right one, and we made it to our stop. I quickly found the street where we were going and the correct building number - yea! I hit the door buzzer and was thrilled when it was the right one! Success! We had a great time and Chelsea met a new friend.

The return home was a bit tricky. The tram was easy, but I wasn't sure which direction to walk from the tram to the hotel. Thankfully, I chose correctly and we found our way.

I intended to take more pictures, but I was focused on getting us there so I only took these two. Hopefully we will get more Budapest pics this weekend. Tomorrow - more house hunting!
Notice the red cowboy boots. Our neighbor gave them to her before we left. She has worn them every day! Everyone knows we are from Texas!!

My little snuggle bug
.

1 comment:

  1. you know he loves this,, and does not mind his sister in the stroller,, Chelsea will get used to the walking in time.. I love the whole public transportation..When I came to the USA I could not drive. hahaha

    ReplyDelete